Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Finally something to say...

It's been quite a while since I've posted on here for no other reason except I didn't have much to say. Life became very routine with the usual ups and downs along the way. Workdays, weekends and holidays came and went. I've spent some wonderful time with my family and friends and of course with that rotten dog of mine. Major decisions were made and simple plans were executed. There's been laughter and there's been tears...in other words...life happened.



And yes, I let myself get caught up in it more than once. Thankfully, I've got the good sense that my momma gave me and didn't get all wrapped up in myself (at least not very often...). A few weeks ago I attended the funeral of a woman I never met and even though I didn't know her it just affirmed my dedication to live a life well-lived. And in those same weeks I've smelled the head of a newborn baby and was yet again overwhelmed by the sheer hope that new life holds. I truly relished seeing both ends of the spectrum especially as the cold days of winter faded away and the newness of spring descended.



Some might say I'm being melancholy or reflective. But I know I'm simply embracing some of the decisions I've made in the last few months...both big and small. I guess all of this is to say that I'm content. And really, what more could any of us ask for?



I promise to post more and future posts won't be so serious. Unfortunately, I can't promise you that there won't be pictures of that rotten dog mentioned above. ;-)

C.

1 comment:

EmmyJMommy said...

FINALLY!!!! I miss you and love you and am so happy to get to read about what you are doing, thinking, and so on! Come on with the posts!!!!